Digital X-rays imaging over film X-rays is more advantageous because it requires less time, reduces radiation, and is cheaper. Digital radiography is widely used to look at bones and joints.
Digital radiography uses X-rays to directly capture and store the data during the examination of the patient. There are several advantages of digital X-rays over film X-rays, which are:
- Digital X-rays are faster and increase time efficiency.
- The immediate preview of the image and its availability.
- Digital X-rays use a lower amount of radiation.
- Digital X-rays are able to take multiple exposures.
- Digital X-rays are cheaper than film X-rays.
Therefore, the use of digital X-rays has been widely increased over film X-rays due to their ability to enhance images, reduces time, and is less expensive.
To know more about digital X-ray, refer the following link: